Apart from cultural and technological activities, the campus has recently started Entrepreneurship Development Cell to support the growth of startups across the region, country and globe. The prosperity of a nation and society is measured by its industrialization and economic progress. Technology and globalization are ushering an era of unprecedented change. There is an immediate need and pressure for change and innovation. Keeping pace with emerging technology of today’s world, SRIT has incorporated an Entrepreneurship Development Cell to guide and assist the budding and prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
The objectives of the EDP Cell are:
- To create an awareness of need and importance of Entrepreneurship as career option among students.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- To create awareness for using technology as the key input for generating self employment.
- To organize seminars/ guest lectures / workshops/ industrial visits.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To Program on sources of financial assistance to budding entrepreneurs.
- Conduct entrepreneurship development programs and inculcate in them a degree of professionalism and programmatic outlook.
- To identify the areas that are of importance to the people of Andhra Pradesh in general and Anantapur in particular in fostering Entrepreneurship and bringing down the unemployment rate of qualified Science & Technology students.